Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dresses and Dinner

I made my first baby dress this week! I was excited that you can tell what it is and it actually looks cute. I made a large because, according to the pattern, a large was Hannah's measurements. I just finished this morning so I hadn't tried it on Hannah yet, but I wanted her to wear it to church. HA! The dress will fit her until she is at least 2 years old. It is long and a little big, so I pinned the sides so it wouldn't look like a tent. I am glad it will fit her for a while though!
We had to run out the door so I didn't get a better picture of Hannah, but I will get a good one soon!
Tonight I also decided to make Beef Bourguigon, Julia Child's Beef Bourguingon!! It was fun, but a lot of work. I literally slaved all day to make it! There are lots of steps and it is time consuming, but worth it! It was really good. The picture looks crazy, but make it bigger and it looks delicious!

4 comments:

Elise said...

Cute dress. I love makeing baby clothes. I agree about paterns for babies though. I usually make a size or two smaller because of that. Natalia is small to begin with and the paterns always seem so huge.

Watts Family said...

Super cute dress!

Chad and Jessica said...

WAY TO GO! Oh my, all the ruffles must have taken forever to hem and gather and sew. What a lucky lil gal! Major props!

How are you liking Bend. Too bad we totally just missed eachother...lame! We loved BEND! I would recommend the restaurants, Pastini, and Sparrow Bakery...the cupcake place near Westside Bakery is good too.

Magdogg said...

I think it is so amazing you can make something so cute. I am limited to quilts and bags. Looks great. How do you like Bend?