Monday, January 11, 2010

I don't know....

I am the worst sleep helper to Hannah. I don't have any clue on how to teach her to sleep on her own or sleep through the night. I am a super big wimp and know i couldn't handle her crying it out at night, but I read the no cry sleep solution, with no solutions for me.

I was able to get Hannah out of the habit of being breast fed to sleep, and I came up with a routine for nap times and bedtime, but nothing really works. I have to admit that I started rocking Hannah and singing her songs before bed, but by the time I would lay her down she was pretty much out. So now I keep thinking I should let her learn to fall asleep on her own, but it has now been 45 min of the poor girl crying since she doesn't know why I won't snuggle her.
I really need Hannah to start sleeping better at least through the night. Last week she did really good, only waking up once and we were back in bed within 15 min, but the last few nights have been 4 times awake again. She also still takes 4 30-45 min naps a day. It really is wearing me down and i feel like I am going crazy sometimes!! Anyway I just needed to vent and talk this out. I am out of ideas and I know since i can't let her cry it out at night that I will just have to endure, but can't she at least sleep for longer than 2 hours? Okay I am done complaining! Thanks for letting me get that all out.
Besides sleeping, Hannah is the most beautiful and fun little girl! She smiles at us all day long, giggles and thinks I am funny! She loves her daddy and goes on flirty on him when he walks in the room! She loves to stand up and is starting to try and walk along the couch. She is also trying to move forward, doesn't get crawling yet, but rolls around and stretches to reach what she wants. She is so cute and more of her personality comes out each day!!
Well as I finish this up, Hannah is finally quiet, which gives me more hope. I know it is my own fault that she doesn't know how to sleep on her own since I have never stuck to that, so I wil just have to endure teaching her this again! We will succeed!!! Also does anyone have any ideas of at home work I could do to make some extra money?? Anything i could do with Hannah around!! Thanks again for letting me ramble on!! I feel better now!!

4 comments:

Diana said...

Hey Kimby, I totally know what you mean, that was so hard, but the good part is that if you stick with it, she will get it and in 2 days or so, she'll be a champ. When I was struggling, my doctor told me to put her down at the same time every day and in the same place. She said it also sometimes helps if they have a teddy or some other thing that always goes to sleep with them that is constant. It worked for us, hopefully it will for you too! Good Luck!!!!

Brandi said...

Fewer naps = more sleep at night. Haylee takes 1 nap a day, about 1.5 hours. Bring her over to play. We will wear her out.

lindsaymarchant said...

You will succeed! You are a great mom and before you know it she will be sleeping through the night. Just think, 5 years from now she will be in kindergarten and you will wish she was a little baby again. They grow so fast! Just try to stick with it! It will be worth it for both of you. I let Connor "Cry it out", if you want to call it that. He cried for about an hour 2 nights straight he didn't wake up after that. Colby took quite a bit longer though! Every baby is different, so you may have to try a few different things. Good luck!!

Magdogg said...

Kim that's sounds tough. I started with rocking Devin to sleep and then laying him down before he was really asleep. At night I finally just had to make him put himself back to sleep. He would wake up in the middle of the night and I would just make him cry back to sleep. It made him tough, it was hard on me but it only lasted a few days. The naps during the day would be great if Hannah only had one or two. Good luck with all that. Love ya!