Friday, March 13, 2009

Hannah's Room

I finally finished enough in Hannah's room to post a few pictures of my progress. Please let me know what you think or if you have any cheap ideas! My theme has been pink and brown. Since I can't paint I bought circles and flower wood cut outs from Joann's and painted them, along with her name, then just stuck them to the wall! I also glued on little rhinestones to make them sparkle and stand out more!! 
This is a baby blanket we got from Ikea a while back that I just loved! It's the only bedding we have right now so I thought I would show you.
These are the curtains I made for her room. They are pink polka-dots with a plain brown stripe along the bottom!
And last of all this is a diaper bag/purse that I made for myself. My sister in law Brynne asked me to make her a purse style diaper bag a while ago. Once I finished hers I loved the style so I had to make myself one! The lining on the inside is a pale pink!

Well that is my attempt at decorating her room! Now we just hope that she really comes out a girl!!

9 comments:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

It looks great! I especially like the curtains and the purse/diaper bag. I wish I could sew!

Unknown said...

Way to go! I love the appliques on the wall, and pink and brown are so sophisticated.....lovely! That diaper bag is also beyond fab....most impressive!

Sorry, this is Chad and Jessica

Jenn Mize said...

I love it. I can't wait to see it in person next weekend. I LOVE your bag. I'm going to bring you some fabric when we come down for you to make me a bag like we talked about. I want one just like the one you made. I'm so excited. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the room. You are so creative! I hope you are having fun. Take care of yourself.

Brandi Clark said...

Where do you guys live in corvallis? We are moving up there next month to NW walnut pl.

Brandi said...

Which ward are you guys in? I think we are going to be in Corvallis 1st ward, meeting at 12pm. I hope we are in the same ward, cause it would be nice to know one person in the ward! We will be nearby when you have your baby, so if you feel like playdates, let me know, we are gonna be right behind the school!
541-513-5759
We are moving out of this house on the 10th, and into the new house on the 11th. You and I can hold the new baby and watch the guys work LOL

Brandi said...

If you give me your email I'll send you directions. I don't know if I want to post my specific address on here. LOL. My email is motheroftwoboys@gmail.com

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

I like what you've done with hannah's room! You are a creative lady for sure! :) Glad you are feeling great and that baby is good and that you and chris have finally gotten a break from school. Phew! and look at your cute belly! You're getting big! :)

Karen K. said...

How fun! Ditto to Jennifer S.'s comment: I love the curtains and the bag. I think pink and brown is a great choice. I can't believe you're going to be a mommy soon!!!